Luke saber....90% done!
I glued on the grips (made a bit of a mess of it), attached the d ring (I cannot TELL you how hard it was getting a nut in there!!!), and slipped in the bubble strip. It was tought to get the D Ring placement to match any of the replicas or prop photos I could find..but I did find one pic that showed the ring in relation to the writing on the end of the saber (graflex info and patent number) so I used that. It seems a bit off compared to the pics but I had to base it on soemthing.
I had to order the missing button at the top online so I dont have it yet. The only one that seemed like a good quality and decent price has a screw on it..which wont fit the 2 pin hole so I have some dremelling to do and I'll have to glue it in..but for $8 vs. $40...I can live with that. :)