R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

It's alive!!!!!!!!

FINALLY I get to post one of these videos where r2 is doing something!!!!!!

I got his head turning with a vex motor. YEs it IS noisy..I just hope with the back panel on it will muffle the sound a BIT. Maybe I can wrap foam around it to dampen the sound a bit too...


video

8 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger John Barrett said...

SWEET!!!! Not that I know much about any of this, but hopefully you can muffle the motors noise somehow. I wouldnt know how, but I'm sure you can figure it out with that imagination you got!!!! LOL....Looks great to me man!!!

John

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

AWESOME DUDE!!!!
It's nice to see something moving.
I know the 1st time I had my dome moving, I almost killed the battery turning the head. :O)
Those Vex motors are strong, I just wish there was a way to quite them down. Maybe someone will figure out this problem. I thought about packing the gears with grease. It might help.
Show a pic of how you mounted your motor.
Calvin

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger R2D2 Fett said...

Thanks guys! Feels GREAT to finally hit this point in the building!!!

I'll get a pic of the mount..it was dead simple...except for the screw head I stripped...

Jason

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

Hey man,
I may be slowing down some on my
R2. I kinda got the downs alittle.
Well, I'll be watching for your next steps.
Calvin

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger R2D2 Fett said...

calvin...whats wrong?? just getting sik of the building troubles??

always here for u man!

Jason

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

I don't know, I just feel like I'm coming unglued.
Email me and I'll talk about it.
Calvin

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger The life of thomas said...

Congrats on your progress Jason....very cool!!!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Brenda's blog said...

AWESOME!!!! I can't wait till I get to that point but I am a ways off. I don't know if vex will work in mine my Dome is getting pretty heavy with all that stuff in there. Can't wait to see your next step.

Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home