Some good progress
Doesnt sound like much but I did do some good progress this weekend. My battery boxes were all cut up to fit around my last drive...so now that the drive is redone and fits inside the foot better I can actually have battery boxes that look right...so I cut out and patched the pieces that were cut out using sintra in the boxes themselves...
I also patched and filled a few spots in the feet...and used a heat gun to bend the sintra to fit. Now when the battery box is on all will look good....no obvious cutouts and drive housing sticking through.
I also got the second foot drive all mounted and glued into the second foot shell. That took some dremelling to fit the motor inside the shell...and then some filling at seams..and where I cut through to the surface when I dremelled.
I also fixed up the crack in foot #1 that was created when I bolted it to the ankle...just needs some touchup paint now. I also properly connected the wires in the foot and tucked them out of the way.
All tedious stuff that didnt amount to much..but I made some good progress. Should have foot # 2 mounted in a couple of days..after its sanded and repainted (after seams dry).
Then I have to add a bit of height to the center foot so the shell isn't dragging on the carpet...I should be able to just use some washers..
We're getting there....soon I will be back to where I thought I was 5 weeks ago. :)