R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Trial Paint...

After looking at the pics I concluded that I would paint the main part of the panel with just primer..mist it with metallic chrome to make it look metal..then I will paint the recessed areas with the chrome paint.

I am really looking forward to pouring some clear resin in the recessed areas to give that glass screen look they have.

Then it's GREEBLIE time!!! :)

Here it is from this morning....just grey primer with a metallic misting. It loks a little shiny in the pic..primer was still probably wet. It doesn't look that glossy in real life.





Here is a pic of one of the real ones. I think in that pic the lighting is different and gives it a darker warmer gray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home