R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hero Panel Update and a new R5 head progress

I did some more work to the Han in Carbonite 'hero' panel. I added the white pinstriping to the green light area, and some more detail to the rectangles beside it. Iwas going to try to take a clock radio and have the digital display from that fit in here, but the ones I had didn't seem to be the right size, and likely couldn't have been split to fit, so I just painted the lines as if it just isn't turned on. I am pleased with how that turned out.



Here is a pic with the lights off showing the green glowing in the dark. This pic was overexposed..I wish it really looked like that....it's only about 1/2 as bright in the dark.


I also finally got some help tack welding together my R5-D4 head flatpack. Here is how far we have gotten with it.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

You SNEAKY DOG!!!
(Yeah, I got back to welding my R5)
So when did we start this project?
Is this the other rabbit you were hiding?
And that panel, Man it looks GOOD!!!
Like I said before, I gain an inch.
Then you jump a mile.
SNEAKKYY!!!
Calvin

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger R2D2 Fett said...

LOL....I love your reactions!!!!

This was an extra rabbit..but the one I'm saving is a wee one..only about 6" in fact. ;P

I was just looking at my R5 action figure and got thinking..if I just made an R5 head I could swap and have an R5-D4 any time I want. I figure I'll probably end up just having this as an accesory to my Jawa....something for him to scavenge.

My progess..while varied, is still only about 20% if yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home