R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Middle Earth Map, R2 Feet progress, Fett Chest lights,,,,and Maul saber

Wow...busy sounding blog entry!

I finished the Middle Earth Map Frame and hung it. Next to it is a cool Ikea kid's lamp that flickers like a real torch. Totally adds to the area!!
















I have been SLOWLY working on R2's feet. They SHOULD fit the drive assemblies fromt he scooters. I plan to have the battery packs (oval things beside the feet) attach with velcro. That way I can pull them off to access the bolt that will fasten the leg to the feet. I won't need it to pivot since my R2 is fixed in the 3 legged position. They are just bring glued together now. They will need bondo, sanding, and all the detail pieces added.

















This last pic shows my Boba Fett (95% done) with his chest lights in place. Also the Darth Maul lightsaber is hanging above. That was a Christmas present. :)

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

Lucky dog!!!
That basement is looking GREAT!!!!
And the Darth Maul saber, You could'nt have put it in a better spot.
I guess no sign of your Vex kit yet.
I hate slow shipping,But I boxed it up real good so nothing would get damaged.
Let me know when it gets there.
Calvin

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Hankey01 said...

Thanks man!

No sign of the Vex Kit yet. Im hoping MAYBE by next weekend, but it usually takes 2 weeks in a good season.

Should be fun! Thanks again man!

Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home