R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yoda's Saber...Completed!

I received Yoda's blade yesterday so I cut it down...and fit it together. There wasn't room for the batteries and switch so I will have to hide them on Yoda's body somehow.

The hardest part was trying to clean the blade out after I used my dremel to cut it to length. There was dust and pieces in the tube..DOH! I managed to get a stick used for herding sheep (another story) and I taped some cloth on the the end to clean it out. It worked pretty well.

Anyways..here are a couple pics.
































Here is an idea of how it will look next to Yoda (aka Happy Stickman).

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

How and where did you get parts?
I don't see how you made that?
And whats up with the SHEEP? HUH
HAHAHAHAHA

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Hankey01 said...

sabersaber
Well let's see....

I got the light and driver for it (kind of like a resisitor) from http://www.luxeonstar.com/.

The saber blade, end cap & mirror and white insert I got from http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/default.asp. I got a 1 1/4" sink tube from home depot..and made the remaining pieces for the hilt.

I used to take my dog to a sheep herding class...to vent some energy. They use a stick to control the dog (show direction, pry dog off sheep, etc). ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home