R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Han Update, painted!

Wow...that was a messy job! Body filler everywhere, paint and bondo fumes to contend with (which means windows open in winter..COLD HOUSE!).

He turned out pretty good. There are a few flaws, but I'm not going to worry about them. I poured some resin on the flat parts to add detail...it tended to smooth over too easily. On saturday I ranout and got 4 tubes of 5 minute epoxy. I could apply that more accurately..and it gave the perfect texture. Most of the "hardened liquid swirls" you can see in the pics were done by me. I tried to blend them as well as I could and incorporate liquid runs front the face, and body into the patterns.

Here are a couple pics!

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home