R2...with 2 legs!
I finshed of R2's second leg over the weekend. It wasn't too much work considering I had most of the detail pieces al ready to go when I did them for the first leg.
He's starting to look more and more like the real deal now! Next will be the last shoulder hub piece (covers the bolts attaching the last leg), then I will make a center leg, then I gotta make 3 feet. It's not over yet....
I also spent soem time heating up my Han Carbonite and trying to flatten it out a bit. I was pretty successfull. I have seam #1 glued together and drying now..so I will have to glue seam #2 & 3, then I can begin the body filling and final celanup before painting it.
We stopped in a local dollar store last night and I found a couple "Money Magnets" that I used to mount R2's restraining bolt (the aluminum thing on his front. I glued one magnet to the bolt and one to the inside of his body. Now the bolt is removeable, just gotta pull it off. Cool!
We also found some inexpensive frames, so I finally framed a few hand drawn & signed Disney sketches. I think they look pretty cool!!!