R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It arrived....finally!!!!!!!!!!

I finally opened my mailbox to find 2 slips telling me to go to the 7-11 post outlet and get my boxes. I went and stood in the long line, and fminally they brought me my 2 huge boxes. They barely fit in my car and one was leaking foam popcorn like crazy.

I got home and opened 'er up. I pulled out all the pieces and set them on the floor. The first thing I noticed was the curve they all had. I don't think they are supposed to be warped like that. He was also missing 2 fingers that must have broken off in shipping. Damn. I found one in the box, and the other was nowhere to be found amongst the piled of packing popcorn.

I then toyed with trying to push the pieces flat..and I gently did this and heard cracking sounds, so these things really don't have a lot of flex to them. It was then that I saw something taped to the bottom of on of the pieces....my missing finger. I set these things up on my aluminum frame that I made. Right away it looked better to me, and the curve didn't seem so bad. I glued on the broken fingers and took some pics.







































I spent some time working on R2's leg #2 after that. It's going pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home