R2D2 Fett's Blog

This is just to post updates on my various projects, like my full sized R2D2, my Han Solo in carbonite, my Boba Fett, Yoda, C3PO......AND the finishing of our basement (and home theater)or anything else that I might think is interesting enough to post.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Couldn't Resist

I was finally able to turn Han over and clean up the top (most of the glue had dried). This was the first time I was abble to inspect my heating/flattening attempt. It did make quite a diference. Not perfect, but a LOT better than it was.

I had to reglue one of the broken fingers. The glue didn't adhere too well to whatever chemicals were used in making the Han Casting. I washed it and dried it...and I really wanted to see what it will look like with some paint so I blasted it with a little. I will be filling holes and seams so this will get sanded away and covered, but I just wanted to see.

I was pretty impressed. As soon as he has the paint on it picks up the details a lot better.



















2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Calvin Thomas said...

Ok Buddy, Lets see some work getting done. I'm ready for some updates.
I'm still working on repainting my skins and getting kinda boarded.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Hankey01 said...

Not much to say right now...but I'll update just for you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home