R2D2 Update #2
I have been working on my R2D2 legs lately...wel one of them. I am still waiting for the second leg to be welded up, but I decided I didn't want to wait any more so I got to work on leg #1. It was made in several pieces that were welded together, then I have been working with body filler to smooth the seams, and fix any holes, etc.
In this pic you can see the legs and the sholder shims that I made out of several pieces and glued together. I am again using body filler to make the edges smooth. I made the curved part at the bottom of the leg last night (after getting the pieces cut out like the one you see in the center of the pic.
The blue pieces go on the middle of the legs, and the various aluminum painted pieces go in various places. I ordered all of those pieces from a guy in the US who makes them for people in the r2builders group. They are really nice and saved me a lot of effort!
I should be able to paint the leg and start assembling it within the week I hope.